Dear Brethren in Christ- Pugh Curtis
1. Poteau, OkahomaThursday, March 22, 2012Dear Brethren in Christ,I address the Adunarea and others who may be gathered for the annual conference. You all are oftenon my mind and in my prayers – even those with whom I am not personally acquainted. And each ofyou who are members of the Congregation are also always in my heart for God knit our hearts togetherduring the time Janet and I had the great privilege of living in Romania. Therefore as I write, I pray. Ipray that God might enable me to say something that would be a blessing and a help to each one of youand more importantly, that my letter might glorify our Lord Jesus Christ who is worthy of all glory.Believing the Bible, we believe in the absolute sovereignty of Jehovah. That means, among other things,that you are right in the place that God decreed before the foundation of the world. We are not amongthose who believe that things just happen. God has a purpose for all things and He is accomplishing Hisplan. “He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shallwait for his law”(Isaiah 42:4). Our God is capable of “Declaring the end from the beginning, and fromancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all mypleasure:” (Isaiah 46:10). Verses which set forth truths such as these should give us great comfort andat the same time stir us with zeal knowing that the Lord of Hosts will be victorious. He shall do all Hispleasure!This great victory will come about by His strength. You, whom He has chosen to serve Him there whereyou are, are valuable to Him not because of anything good in you for there is nothing good in our flesh.But rather remember what our Brother Paul wrote to another Sovereign Grace Baptist Assembly: “For itis God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13). Think of it!God says, “My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:” and then we learn that God works inus to desire to do and to do that very thing – His pleasure!Each assembly of Christ is called upon to be strong for the truth. In 1 Timothy 3:15 the assemblies areeach said to be “a pillar and ground of the truth.” That truth for which we are to stand, of course, isrevealed in God’s Word. I would exhort each of you and all of you to center your lives on Christ and Histruth as revealed in the sixty-six books of the Bible. I would exhort you all to love what Jesus loved(clearly stated to be His adunarea) and to stand for His truth – “speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians4:15). Stated another way: Be a faithful bride! Stand kindly, but firmly and without compromise for thetruth of God’s Word!God is able to do exceeding abundantly above what we could ever ask or even think. He could enable usto meet again on this earth, and perhaps we shall. Only He knows. But we know that when He shallappear we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is – and when we are like Him we shall fellowshiptogether in a far greater way than we have ever experienced down here. So, Brethren, enjoy good
2. fellowship together always – and especially at this conference. And remember, the best fellowship onearth is just a foretaste of what shall be.Pray, please, for me as I do daily for you all. I have only found two other people who understand andlove the doctrine of salvation by grace. The town and countryside is full of Baptists, Protestants,Charismatics, Pentecostals, Catholics, Mormons, Masons and even an Orthodox church about 30 milesaway. “Everyone here is saved,” if you listen to them. I have been able to place brief articles as ads inthe local newspapers. I have gotten a 30 minute broadcast on the local radio station with a message byour departed Brother Cockrell. I have a Bible study with one or two people each Lord’s Day when weare able to meet. (All three of us have health problems.) I am doing all I can to be a witness for Christand His truth here in this area.Many others scattered across the U.S. pray for you too. You are greatly loved. You are in a sense likethe assembly at Rome: “your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world” – if not literally the world,many parts of it. Be faithful!Your brother in Christ,CurtisP.S. I look forward to hearing from Bro. Raul that God gave you all a great conference! I am expecting itbecause I know God is able and that He does bless His Word. Slava Domnului !
Toate materialele postate pe acest blog pot fi copiate si folosite (fara a fi modificate in continut) spre gloria Domnului.
- Dă clic pe email(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Partajează pe Facebook(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Twitter(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe WhatsApp(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Google+(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a imprima(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Skype(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Pinterest(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Pocket(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Tumblr(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Reddit(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)
- Dă clic pentru a partaja pe Telegram(Se deschide în fereastră nouă)